Year-round, Northern Highlands:
A ruined castle dating from the sixteenth century. Thought to have been built by the Clan MacLeod, and captured by Clan MacKenzie in 1672, a tower and part of the defensive walls are all that remains today. Legend has it that the castle is haunted by two ghosts. Open access at any reasonable time. Located on the shore of Loch Assynt, off the A837 north of Inchnadamph.